In the these still unsettling times please do continue to join us in prayer from wherever you are,
For nine centuries, St James' Parish Church has sat at the heart of West Teignmouth.
For nine centuries the people of West Teignmouth have gathered in the church to celebrate their weddings and the births of their children. They have gathered to mourn their loved ones and to remember those who were lost at sea or whose final resting place is in a foreign field. For nine centuries the people of West Teignmouth have gathered in St James’ to share and join together in their worship.
Today, in the 21st century, and even in this time of global pandemic, St James' still stands as a constant reminder of our shared Christian heritage. We share in our worship; we share in the pain of bereavement and; we look forward to sharing the celebrations of love in marriage and of new birth.
Today, St James’ is still a place of stillness and calm in the busyness and uncertainty of life.
Today, St James’ remains a Christian presence at the heart of West Teignmouth, and we welcome you...
St James' Open for Public Worship
St James’ has reopened for public worship. The regular pattern of weekly services is shown below.
- Wear a face covering whist within the church building
- Sanitise their hands on arrival and departure
- Record their name and address in case it is required for Track & Trace
- Sit in a designated place within the building as directed by signage
- Use the contactless device for their offerings where possible, or place them in the box provided
Worship will be different from what worshippers may be used to, but more details can be found on the Haldon Team website at http://haldonteam.org.uk/
Services at St James' Teignmouth:
- First Sunday 10.30am Morning Worship
- Second Sunday 10.30am Holy Communion
- Third Sunday 8.00am Holy Communion
- Fourth Sunday 10.30am Holy Communion
- Fifth Sunday 10.30am Holy Communion
Churches Open for Personal Prayer and Reflection
- St Michael’s, Teignmouth is open 10am-2pm on Tuesdays
- St Mary’s, Ideford is open 10am-4pm on Wednesdays and 2nd & 4th Sundays
- St John’s, Bishopsteignton is open 10am-12 noon on Wednesdays
- St Nectan's, Ashcombe - 9.30am-3pm on Wednesdays
There is also a Quiet Space in the churchyard at St John’s, Bishopsteignton which is open all day, every day for anyone to use.
St James' churchyard is open between 9am and 3pm each day. All are welcome to enjoy a moment of peace and calm within this green space.
Supporting St James'
St James' relies on donations to provide pastoral care and support to everyone in our community. Now more than ever, please consider giving generously to support our mission and ministry.
Please click or tap here:
to create a donation
Thank you for your support.
St James' Parochial Church Council
Page 1 of 2